Teeth Whitening (In-Surgery)
Please note that not all of our practices offer in-surgery whitening
Teeth can appear dull for a number of reasons, including staining from smoking, drinking coffee and red wine, and ageing. In-surgery whitening can noticeably lighten teeth and is a convenient option for busy patients as it can be undertaken in under two hours.
- Noticeable results
- The gums and lips are protected using a rubber dam and the lightening gel is applied to the teeth.
- A special light is used to activate the chemical and speed up the process, which takes place in stages.
- At each stage, the gel is removed and the teeth cleaned so whitening can be carefully monitored.
Combination whitening uses both home whitening (with tailor-made mouth trays and gel) and an in-surgery procedure.
Help maintain your whiter teeth by avoiding food and drink that may stain and staying on top of your oral hygiene. Although the results of whitening are not permanent, mouth trays can be used at home if a top-up is necessary.
Teeth Whitening (Take-home)
If you are unhappy with your dull, discoloured teeth, whitening can really help brighten up your smile. Dentist supervised home whitening offers a safer, more effective alternative to shop bought kits as the mouth trays are designed to fit you comfortably and securely, allowing the active gel to work more effectively. It can also be carried out at times to suit you, in the comfort of your own home.
- Impressions are taken of your teeth so customised whitening trays can be produced to fit.
- When ready, you will wear these at home with a bleaching gel for a specified length of time each day.
- After wearing the trays for a few weeks, you will attend a follow-up appointment to check your teeth have reached the desired shade.
Although this treatment is carried out at home, we still keep a close eye on your teeth to lessen any gum irritation and tooth sensitivity.
Please note, teeth whitening will only work on natural teeth and will not be effective on restorations such as crowns, veneers or dentures.
Teeth whitening does not provide permanent results but you can reuse the mouth trays and purchase more gel if a top-up is required.