Suggestions & Complaints
At Genesis Dental Care, we take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Genesis Dental Care – Mission Statement
Genesis Dental Care is a unique provider, committed to delivering first class, affordable and user friendly, oral health services to local communities. Our mission is to improve access, quality and educational opportunities within the field of oral health provision.
Code of practice for patient complaints
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to patients’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service that we provide is the Complaints Manager who is specified on each practice’s information page.
- If a patient complains by telephone or in person, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to the Complaints Manager immediately. If the Complaints Manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the Complaints Manager and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will make a written record of your complaint and provide the patient with a copy as well as passing it on to the Complaints Manager. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
- If the patient complains in writing or by e-mail it will be passed on immediately to the Complaints Manager.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist concerned, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will offer to discuss the complaint at a time agreed with the patient, asking how the patient would like to be kept informed of developments, for example, by telephone, face to face meetings, letters or e-mail. We will inform the patient about how the complaint will be handled and the likely time that the investigation will take to be completed. If the patient does not wish to discuss the complaint, we will still inform them of the expected timescale for completing the process.
- We will seek to investigate the complaint speedily and efficiently and we will keep the patient regularly informed, as far as is reasonably practicable, as to the progress of the investigation. Investigations will normally be completed within 25 days.
- When we have completed our investigation, we will provide the patient with a full written report. The report will include an explanation of how the complaint has been considered, the conclusions reached in respect of each specific part of the complaint, details of any necessary remedial action and whether the practice is satisfied with any action it has already taken or will be taking as a result of the complaint.
- Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received as well as any actions taken to improve services as a consequence of a complaint
If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be referred to:
For NHS dental complaints contact:
PO Box 16738
Email: contact [email protected] with ‘For the attention of the complaints manager’ in the subject line.
By telephone: 0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, excluding English Bank Holidays)
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman,
telephone: 0345 015 4033 or www.ombudsman.org.uk for complaints about NHS treatment.
For Private dental complaints contact:
The Dental Complaints Service
The Lansdowne Building
2 Lansdowne Road
Tel: 08456 120 540
Fleur has been brilliant dealing with my 2 sons teeth. She always takes the time to carefully explain any treatments in language we can all understand and is excellent at making you feel at ease.Suzanne M, Matlock Dale Road
Arun has been with the practice since we opened in 2008.He is currently finishing his MSc in Clinical Cosmetic Restorative Dentistry from the University of Central Lancashire. In his spare time he is a keen photographer and plays cricket in the Lincolnshire league.Mr Arun Thomas
Special Interest in Advanced Restorative
His work focuses on all aspects of Smile Makeovers, from Cerec (one visit crowns) and ultrathin veneers to Tooth Whitening, both ‘in surgery’ and ‘at home’ systems. Advanced techniques in Facial Rejuvenation utilise collagen fillers to improve loss of facial volume. Muscle relaxants (botulinum toxinA) make short shrift of heavy frowns, crows’ feet around the eyes, ‘smoker’ lines around the mouth, ‘bunny’ lines along the nose.Mr Nicolaas Johannes van Wyk
Special Interest in Facial Aesthetics & Rejuvenation, Cerec, Tooth Whitening
Nilesh joined the Genesis group of practices February 2013 as our visiting Implant Dentist . He is the first dentally qualified ISO 9000 Quality Assurance Manager in the UK and has an extensive commitment to continuing education with a special interest in Implantology and oral surgery – including visits to the Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education, Miami, USA..Mr Nilesh R Shah
Special Interest in Implant Dentistry
» View full profile
Danie is based at Belper Dental Practice. He is a highly proficient Endodontist with impressive additional training in his discipline. He would be pleased to accept private referrals for those difficult cases which are beyond the scope of the average GDP. Danie utilises the latest microscope technology to support his Endodontic treatments and has a special interest in re-treatments, post removal and apisectomies.Mr Daniel Pieter OlivierSpecial Interest in Endodontics and Restorative Post Crown Rehab
» View full profile